Doula Training for the Pelvic Health Therapist
Dr. Juan Michelle Martin PT, DPT
Dr. Amber N. Brown PT, DPT
A Live Webinar Event
August 28-29, 2021
8 AM-5 PM CST
TPTA CCU Approved
Dr. Juan and Dr. Amber have evolved this comprehensive course to be a mandatory piece to becoming Doula Certified.
This Birth Doula Training will help you as a clinician learn how to support individuals during the prenatal, intrapartum,
and postpartum periods. Birth Doulas provide educational and emotional support as well as comfort measures during pregnancy and childbirth. Learn how to incorporate these skills into your practice, whether you are currently employed, a student, or an entrepreneur.
This course is for PT's, PTA's, OT's & COTA's.
- Understand psychological considerations for labor
- Educate individuals on the physiology of birth
- Understand the patient centered care model
- Identify the need for cultural sensitivity in birth
- Understand the history of maternal care and birth
- Determine evidenced based practices during labor/ delivery
- Be able to identify dysfunctional labor
- Understanding cesarean birth
- Determine the needs for the birthing individual during the 4th trimester and when to refer